If you want to become part of a close team, are keen to learn and grow with us, then we want to hear from you! Please email us your CV at email@example.com.
To ensure that SMEs have access to the various resources to help them start, sustain and grow their businesses, Enterprise Singapore has established SME Centre@SICCI as part of a network of SME Centres where SMEs can get valuable business advisory services.
SME Centre@SICCI is looking for a candidate with a great attitude and zest to go the extra mile in carrying out their responsibilities. One who is versatile, can take ownership in growing enterprises and exercise a growth mindset. The main focus of this job is to gear SMEs towards acquiring capabilities and implementing projects through advisory services, capability development workshops and project upgrading.
- Providing unbiased advice and information to SMEs in their operations of the company.
- Identify gaps and appropriate solutions for SMEs to help their business grow.
- Lead generation: establish communication channels and be committed to outreach efforts in reaching out to SMEs.
- Ensure that purposeful and productive interaction with SMEs which may be face-to-face, phone and/or email.
- Plan and organize events and capability workshops for SME Centre.
- Provide support to events organized by the Singapore Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (SICCI).
- Support the Centre Director in the smooth operations and marketing of SME Centre.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Degree holder or equivalent with a minimum of 2 to 4 years of relevant experience and a good track record in advisory or consultation projects.
- Self-driven and works well independently and within the team to assist SMEs in their business needs.
- Knowledgeable in one or more of the following areas:
a) Business services (e.g. business matching, business registration, business operations)
b) Financial services
c) Legal services
d) HR policies
e) Management (IT services, management system, health and safety)
- Being well-versed in the regulatory requirements and various government assistance schemes would be a plus.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT ADVISOR
To ensure that SMEs have access to the various resources to help them start, sustain and grow their businesses, Enterprise Singapore has established SME Centre@SICCI in collaboration with Singapore Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (SICCI) as part of a network of SME Centres where SMEs can get valuable business advisory services.
Over the next two years, the SME Centres will implement a pilot initiative for promising micro and small enterprises. Enhanced support will be available to local enterprises that SME Centres identify as demonstrating growth ambition, having a good track record of growth, or having a scalable or unique business model. Business Development Advisors at the SME Centres will provide enhanced support to qualifying enterprises, such as:
- One-on-one in-depth business diagnosis
- Development of business plans (e.g. business and digital transformation, talent development, internationalization)
- Business coaching; and
- Implementation of growth roadmaps, including referrals to relevant schemes and partners
- Identify and build a pipeline of willing & promising SMEs that demonstrate hunger & potential for accelerated growth
- Research and analyze key business drivers, competitive landscape, trends and operating metrics for SME businesses
- Identify growth opportunities in new market entry, product development, new revenue streams/ channels etc.
Communication & Relationship management
- Gain a deep understanding of the needs of our SME partners, how their business model operates, their challenges and current business capabilities
- Leverage on account plan, diagnostic toolkits, business canvas model, SWOT analysis for business analysis
- Build and manage relationships with SMEs and track ongoing performance management
- Support core strategic projects during the execution phase and provide troubleshooting support to SMEs for any enquiries or assistance required
Performance & Growth tracking
- Develop clear 3-year road map and growth strategy for SME together with C-level management
- Develop metrics to measure the growth and performance of companies and deliver quarterly revenue and goals for your account managed company
- Prepare presentations and progress updates to various stakeholders
- Build referral and lead generation network for strategic partnerships to support SMEs in their growth journey, in both local and overseas markets
- Facilitate business matching and introductions between SMEs, partners and relevant organizations
- Actively implement collaboration initiatives with partners to create new ventures for companies or to elevate the whole industry
- Identify relevant industry tradeshows, conferences, and speaking/PR events for SMEs
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Background in finance and business development, i.e. Business Development, or Strategy & Operations, or Key Accounts Management
- A degree holder or equivalent, with 8-10 years of relevant experience in specific capability areas or industry exposure
- Good track record in undertaking a wide range of advisory or consultancy projects
- Familiarity with various government assistance programmes and regulatory requirements of relevance to SMEs is a plus
- Interested in being part of a fast-paced, client-facing environment
- Proactive, target driven and Team player
- Strong interest in business, proven experience in driving acquisition, closing strategic partnerships and sharp business acumen
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Passion for businesses & translating data into actional business insights & growth plans
- Strategic expertise in market entry, product development, e-commerce, digitalization
- Mature, high energy, positive, outcome-focused
Employment Type: 2-years contract
Office hours: 9 am to 6 pm from Monday to Friday.
Please submit your application via firstname.lastname@example.org